What is Blexten used for?
Blexten (Bilastine 20mg/10mg Tablet) is a second generation antihistamine prescribed for treating various allergic conditions. Certain chemical messengers in the body are blocked by this product. This reduces inflammation (redness, tenderness, heat, and swelling), itching, and rashes. Blexten Tablets provide relief from symptoms associated with seasonal hay fever (allergic rhinitis), seasonal allergies, and allergies. These include blocked or runny noses, sneezing, and itchy or watery eyes. Various substances that cause allergic symptoms are reduced in the body as a result of it. In addition to relieving asthmatic symptoms, Blexten 20mg/10mg Tablet reduces swelling in the airways. You should not give this medication to others even if they have similar symptoms. It may not treat their specific condition and can increase their risk of experiencing side effects.
Depending on what you are taking it for, you can take Blexten 20mg/10mg Tablet on an empty stomach or one hour before meals. It may be necessary to take this medicine only when you suffer from symptoms, or as prescribed by your doctor. Stopping it before the prescribed time may lead to relapse of your symptoms.
Although this medicine is generally very safe, you should speak with your doctor if you experience any side effects. talk to your doctor before taking this medicine if you have problems with your liver, kidneys, heart, or any other organ.
Consult your doctor before taking this medication if you are pregnant or breastfeeding. they can determine if there is a possibility of adverse effects. Usually, your doctor will recommend taking this medication by mouth once or twice a day.
Symptoms of seasonal allergies include: Sneezing, itchy and runny noses, itchy, red, and watery eyes. In some instances, skin rash and irritation are present as well. Adults and children over 12 years of age may take the 20 mg dose and children between 4 and 11 years of age may take the 10 mg dose.
Some common side effects of Blexten include:
- dry skin, eczema
- signs of heart problems (e.g., fast, irregular heartbeat or pulse; chest pain; sudden weight gain; difficulty breathing; leg swelling)
- eye irritation
- nasal irritation
- stomach pain
Tell your doctor if you have unlikely but serious side effects of Blexten.
Blexten Drug interaction listed below.
- amphetamines (e.g., dextroamphetamine, lisdexamfetamine)
- other antihistamines (e.g., azelastine, cetirizine, doxylamine, diphenhydramine, hydroxyzine, ketotifen, loratadine, rupatadine)
- antipsychotics (e.g., asenapine, chlorpromazine, clozapine, haloperidol, olanzapine, quetiapine, risperidone)
- azole" antifungals (e.g., fluconazole, ketoconazole, voriconazole)
- barbiturates (e.g., butalbital, pentobarbital, phenobarbital)
- benzodiazepines (e.g., alprazolam, diazepam, lorazepam)
- botulinum-toxin-containing products
- chloral hydrate
- diuretics (water pills; e.g. furosemide, hydrochlorothiazide)
- general anesthetics (medications used to put people to sleep before surgery)
- grapefruit juice
- kava kava
- lumacaftor and ivacaftor
- macrolide antibiotics (e.g., azithromycin, clarithromycin, erythromycin)
- muscle relaxants (e.g., cyclobenzaprine, orphenadrine)
- narcotic pain relievers (e.g., codeine, hydromorphone, morphine, oxycodone, tapentadol, tramadol)
- potassium chloride
- seizure medications (e.g., clobazam, levetiracetam, phenobarbital, phenytoin, primidone, rufinamide, topiramate, valproic acid, zonisamide)
- tricyclic antidepressants (e.g., amitriptyline, clomipramine, desipramine, trimipramine)
If you are taking any of these medications, speak with your doctor or pharmacist.
Starting price of Blexten 10mg cost in Canada
- 90 tabs - $120.00 USD ($1.33 per tabs)
Generic options for this medication aren't available currently.
Please scroll up and refer to the product area for Blexten 10mg, 20mg costs in Canada.
You do require a prescription to order Blexten in Canada. Licensed pharmacies are unable to dispense prescription required drugs without one.
DISCLAIMER: The information provided here is intended as supplementary information to that provided by your doctor. The guidance provided by your doctor supersedes any information provided on the website. Do not avoid or disregard any counseling from your licensed medical professional based on this information. If you have any medical questions that are not answered here, we do offer counseling from a pharmacist.