What is Coversyl (Perindopril) used for?
Coversyl 4mg Tablet belongs to the ACE inhibitor class. It is used to treat high blood pressure and heart failure. It also helps in preventing heart attacks and strokes. For best results, this medicine should be taken at the same time each day, on an empty stomach and without food. It can be prescribed alone or in combination with another medicine. Taking this medicine regularly is important regardless of whether you feel well or if your blood pressure is under control. If you stop taking it, your condition could worsen. The long-term use of this medicine has been found to be safe. Pregnant or breastfeeding mothers should talk to their doctor prior to taking this medicine. Especially if they have kidney problems or liver problems. Your doctor may need to check your kidney function, blood pressure, and potassium levels while you are taking this medicine.
Coversyl (Perindopril) Information
Your doctor will prescribe the correct dose and duration for this medication. The Coversyl 4mg Tablet should be swallowed whole. Do not chew, crush, or break it. It should be taken on an empty stomach.
Inhibitor of angiotensin converting enzyme (ACE), Coversyl 4mg Tablet is a drug that treats high blood pressure. It lowers stress on the heart and makes blood vessels relaxed. This helps Blood flow more smoothly, and the heart can pump blood more efficiently.
In addition to relaxing the blood vessels, Coversyl 4mg Tablets reduce heart stress. Your blood pressure is lowered by widening the blood vessels and allowing the heart to pump blood more easily. Heart attacks, strokes, and kidney damage can be prevented by controlling blood pressure.
It does not usually give immediate benefits. With proper use it helps you maintain your blood pressure long term. Contact your doctor if you do not see results in a predetermined period of time.
People with high blood pressure do not generally feel unwell. Keep taking it even if you don't feel any different.
If you miss a dose you can take it when you remember. You can skip the missed dose if it's almost time for your next one.
Most side effects do not require any medical attention and disappear as your body adjusts to the medicine. Consult your doctor if they persist or if you’re worried about them.
- Common side effects of Coversyl
- Decreased blood pressure
- Increased potassium level in blood
- skin rashes
Call your doctor for medical advice about side effects.
There may be an interaction between Coversyl (perindopril) and any of the following:
- acetylsalicylic acid (ASA)
- alpha-agonists (e.g., clonidine, methyldopa)
- alpha-blockers (e.g., alfuzosin, doxazosin, tamsulosin)
- amphetamines (e.g., dextroamphetamine, lisdexamfetamine)
- other angiotensin converting enzyme inhibitors (ACEIs; captopril, enalapril, ramipril)
- angiotensin receptor blockers (ARBs; e.g., candesartan, irbesartan, losartan)
- antipsychotics (e.g., clozapine, olanzapine, quetiapine, risperidone)
- barbiturates (e.g., butalbital, pentobarbital, phenobarbital)
- beta-adrenergic blockers (e.g., atenolol, propranolol, sotalol)
- calcium channel blockers (e.g., amlodipine, diltiazem, nifedipine, verapamil)
- diabetes medications (e.g., canagliflozin, glyburide, insulin, metformin, saxagliptin)
- diuretics (water pills; e.g., furosemide, amiloride, spironolactone, triamterene)
- gold salts
- grass pollen allergen extract
- iron dextran
- low molecular weight heparins (e.g., dalteparin, enoxaparin, tinzaparin)
- medications that increase blood levels of potassium (e.g., potassium chloride, salt substitutes containing potassium)
- monoamine oxidase inhibitors (MAOIs; e.g., moclobemide, phenelzine, rasagiline, selegiline, tranylcypromine)
- nitrates (e.g., isosorbide dinitrate, isosorbide mononitrate)
- nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory medications (NSAIDs; e.g., diclofenac, ibuprofen, indomethacin, ketorolac)
- phosphodiesterase 5 inhibitors (e.g., sildenafil, tadalafil, vardenafil)
- sodium phosphates
If you are taking any of these medications, speak with your doctor or pharmacist.
All orders from Sunshine Pharmacy are delivered in the manufacturer's packaging and include a medicine information sheet. Carefully read this information sheet and call us if you have any questions or do not understand the document.
You may need to take potassium supplements or change your diet during treatment. If so, follow all necessary instructions or follow your diet as directed.
It may reduce the risk of heart attacks in people with stable coronary artery disease. Your health care professional should check for allergic reactions prior to taking your first dose.
Starting price of Coversyl (Perindopril) 2mg cost in Canada
- 90 tabs - $108.00 USD ($1.20 per tabs)
Generic Equivalent Starting price of Perindopril 2mg cost in Canada
- 30 tabs - $10.00 USD ($0.33 per tabs)
Please scroll up and refer to the product area for Coversyl (Perindopril) 2mg, 4mg, 500mg, 8mg, costs in Canada.
You do require a prescription to order Coversyl (Perindopril) in Canada. Licensed pharmacies are unable to dispense prescription required drugs without one.
DISCLAIMER: The information provided here is intended as supplementary information to that provided by your doctor. The guidance provided by your doctor supersedes any information provided on the website. Do not avoid or disregard any counseling from your licensed medical professional based on this information. If you have any medical questions that are not answered here, we do offer counseling from a pharmacist.